It's that time! Kids and parents everywhere are crowding Target and Walmart to get those items that will quite possibly ignite an excitement of going back to school. Girls are forgetting about Hannah Montanah (thank goodness) and possibly investing in a cute design (hopefully), or a fun Hello Kitty, or (sadly) another Frozen character. Regardless of the backpack they choose, there will be plenty of generic supplies from cute erasers to smelly markers flying off the shelves. After assessing the supplies the kids bring on the first day, teachers will continue to need to buy those necessary items like matching folders, pencils, glue sticks, markers, a new pencil sharpener (because last years was broken a few months ago, thank goodness you remembered!) and of course cute boarders and fake flowers (unless for some reason you also have time to keep a real plant alive, anybody else have disappointed students because of the failure to grow those lima beans in a bag?). This year, teachers will spend way too much time decorating their rooms to keep up with their team of creatives, the prize for being the most organized will never be handed out, but quite possibly that teacher will get to leave on time, maybe once a month. Other teachers will come in to marvel at how beautiful their co-workers rooms are, then go out to Target and buy a beautiful rug that costs $125, so their room will feel cozy. Yes, we teachers do work hard for the kiddos, but part of me believes that the keeping up with all the changes throughout the year, somehow having a clean and beautiful classroom keeps us from going insane. So we spend money and hours fixing it up. I've been there, I promise. All that to say, if you don't also have time to create engaging games and apps and websites on top of getting labels, decorations, and engaging first week activities together, say no more! I am here to help! I will be posting games you can download and print for free from my TPT store! I will also be doing reviews of educational websites and apps for you, I find them for you so you don't have to search the web! I know the craziness that is the first and second week (and lets face it, the rest of the year), you, dear teachers, need a break. I know you've had summer, but I know it isn't enough, so as you prepare for the first day back, let me help you. Here are a few freebies from my store. Hope you enjoy!
Click the link (balloon) below for a Problem of the Day Labels Freebie! Also check out the other freebies in my store!


0 comments:
Post a Comment